A special CBI court on Wednesday acquitted all 32 accused in the Babri Mosque demolition case, saying the demolition of the mosque was a spontaneous affair and not a pre-planned one. The accused, including LK Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, Uma Bharti, Kalyan Singh, faced charges like criminal conspiracy, rioting, promoting enmity between different groups, and unlawful assembly.
Also Read: LK Advani, acquitted in Babri case, says ruling vindicates ‘my and BJP’s belief in Ram Janmabhoomi movement’
Here are the key points of the 2,000-page verdict
* The demolition was not pre-planned and the accused had actually tried to stop the mob.
* Those who climbed on the dome were anti-social elements.
* The authenticity of the audio and video clips produced by the CBI is not proved.
Watch – Babri case: Court acquits Advani & 31 others; says ‘demolition not pre-planned’
* Local intelligence report forewarning that some unexpected sequence of events could take place on December 6 went unheeded.
* There was no criminal conspiracy behind the demolition.