PM Modi Mann Ki Baat Today: PM Modi was addressing the nation during the 77th edition of his monthly radio programme, Mann Ki Baat.
UPDATED ON MAY 30, 2021 11:31 AM IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday lauded the spirit and courage of people who braved two major cyclones in this month. “In this difficult and extraordinary situation of calamity, the way the people of all the states affected by the cyclones have shown courage, with great patience and discipline in the hour of this crisis. I respectfully and wholeheartedly salute all the citizens,” PM Modi said on Mann Ki Baat.
PM Modi also praised those who came forward and took part in the relief and rescue work and said, “any amount appreciation of all these people will not be enough.”
The Prime Minister was addressing the nation during the 77th edition of his monthly radio programme, Mann Ki Baat. Ahead of his address to the nation, PM Modi sought ideas and suggestions from people on his social media accounts earlier this month about topics for Mann Ki Baat.
Here are the key highlights from PM Modi’s address:
- “In just last 10 days, the country has fought two big cyclones Tauktae and cyclone Yaas on the east coast. The country and the people of the country fought them with full force and ensured minimum casualties.”
- “In this difficult and extraordinary situation of calamity, the people of all cyclone-affected states have shown courage. For that, I would like to respectfully commend all the citizens.”
- “The central, state governments and local administrations are all working together in the face of this disaster. I express my condolences to all those who have lost their close ones.”
- “In fact, the battle against Covid is so big that our country, like the railways, is working through water, land, sky, sky, all three routes. “
- “Many of our scientists, experts and technicians of the industry are working on a war footing. The curiosity to know and understand the work of all these people is in the minds of all the citizens.”
- “Oxygen, oxygen concentrators and cryogenic tankers are being brought into the country from abroad. Therefore, Indian Navy, Air Force, Army and DRDO and our institutions are also involved in this mission.”
- “On one hand, the work is being done to transport the empty tankers to the oxygen plants by Air Force planes, and on the other hand the construction of new oxygen plants is also being completed.”
- “During the second wave of Covid-19, a major challenge was to supply medical oxygen to remote areas. To counter challenges that the country faced, drivers of Cryogenic oxygen tankers helped by working on war footing and saved lives of lakhs of people.”
- “Our warriors are transporting this oxygen to far-flung corners of the country.”
- “You can guess, on normal days, we were producing 900 metric tons of liquid medical oxygen in a day. Now it has grown by more than 10 times and we are producing about 9500 metric tonnes per day. “
- “So far, more than 33 crore samples have been tested in the country. “
- “Friends, at the beginning of Corona, there was only one testing lab in the country, but today more than two and a half thousand labs are working. Initially, a few hundred tests could be done in a day, now more than 20 lakh tests are being done in a day. “
- “To protect themselves, the frontline workers have to wear PPE kit continuously even in such heat. After that it reaches the sample lab.”